Within the past week, the Dallas Cowboys upped their offer to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas to a second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "Seattle wasn't interested; it wants more". Thomas' reaction to the lack of a resolution was clear in his post: "The disrespect has been noted and will not be forgotten".
As a result, Thomas will play out the final year of his contract with the Seahawks.
For months, Thomas lived in a world where workout videos posted to his Instagram account - where he announced the end of his holdout - served as practice footage.
710 ESPN Seattle's Danny O'Neil has noted that while Thomas isn't wrong to seek a new extension, Seattle may be reticent due to a string of bad luck with similar deals. "Father Time may have an undefeated record but best believe I plan on taking him into triple overtime when it comes to my career", he wrote on Instagram today.
Pakistan's elite to elect new president as Imran Khan takes the reins
Imran Khan said if members of the government were suspected of any indiscretion, they should also be held accountable. During the marathon session, the prime minister turned down French President Emmanuel Macron's call twice.
Dallas had not been the only club interested in trading for the Seahawks safety, as NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Friday, "multiple teams" had been in the hunt.
Seattle has not wanted to give Thomas an extension, apparently as part of its "retooling" that also saw the team move on from the likes of Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett, wanting Thomas to play out the final year.
The Dallas Cowboys reportedly made a big trade offer for a star National Football League player in advance of the 2018 regular season.
Schefter's report is the first evidence of Seattle being offered at least a second-rounder for Thomas, who will turn 30 next May 7.
Precedent from safety Kam Chancellor's holdout into the 2015 regular season suggested the Seahawks are going to collect from Thomas this time, too.