On Friday, firefighters found the bodies of five 15-year-old girls locked inside an escape room at a private residence in the city of Koszalin after extinguishing a fire outside the room.
The move came two days after a fire killed five teenage girls locked in an escape room in the north of the country.
The Polish state news agency PAP said it had learned unofficially that the girls died from carbon monoxide asphyxiation.
The man, identified only as Milosz S., was charged with intentionally creating a fire danger and unintentionally causing the deaths of the girls, prosecutor Ryszard Gasiorowski said, adding that the location's heating system was faulty and there was no emergency evacuation route.
The condition of the injured man is now unknown.
Escape rooms, popular around the world, offer a live-action experience in which players are locked in a room and given one hour to solve a series of clues and riddles to get out.
Guardiola: Nobody trusts Manchester City ahead of Liverpool showdown
They are at the moment the best team in Europe, in the consistency, the way they control the details in their game. It is because the pressure is greater, especially with the home team aiming to close down a seven-point deficit.
President Andrzej Duda said on Twitter that the girls' deaths were a "crushing tragedy".
He said special inspections have ordered 13 similar places to shut down in reaction to the deaths. Previously, there was no official requirement for fire safety certificates at such locations.
Students, teachers, city authorities and residents attended a memorial Catholic Mass at noon at the local church.
The girls were celebrating one of their birthdays.
Local residents were placing flowers and lights in front of the location, a detached house.
On Sunday, Koszalin Mayor Piotr Jedlinski declared a day of mourning and appealed to residents to hold no entertainment gatherings or parties.